The City of Franklin has a job opening for a park/cemetery caretaker/floater position. This is a full time position whose primary responsibility is to maintain all city parks, cemetery and ballpark. A list of duties and responsibilities can be foun you are interested in this position and need more information please contact City Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-425-6295. This position reports directly to the Mayor and City Council.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Mowing, trimming around stones and other objects, trimming trees in both city parks, cemetery and ball fields/park
- Spray for weeds, stickers, etc. in the parks, cemetery, ballpark
- Maintain the restrooms in RV park and main city park
- Open and winterize the restrooms at the ballpark
- Operating hand and power tools, mowers, weed eaters, heavy equipment
- Maintain playground equipment and buildings in good condition
- Maintain/perform maintenance on all equipment (mowers, trimmers, chain saws, etc.), as well as other departments as needed
- Keep holes filled in the City parks, cemetery and ball park for liability purposes
- Maintain/perform maintenance on the sprinkler system in the all parks, and ballpark
- Dig, flag for headstones, and maintain the graves
- Empty trash cans around parks.
- Install and care for cemetery markers; including flag poles in the cemetery
- Utilize proper safety precautions in all work performed
- Work with the general public and the City’s staff in a courteous and efficient manner
- Completes on-call duties as required during the on-call period. If you are out of town for any reason, find a replacement. Must be available within 30 minute response time.
- Submit a monthly report to clerk to be forwarded to Mayor/Council
- Follow safety procedures as outlined in the safety policy.
- Assist other departments as required
Employer Provided Benefits
- Health Insurance with $1,000 deductible for employee paid 100% by the employer. Family health Insurance - City pays 50% of premium - Employee pays 50% of the family premium with a payroll deduction.
- Life Insurance/Employee only - $5,000.00 - 100% paid by the employer.
- Vision Insurance - 100% for employee only, can add family members - employee pays through a payroll deduction.
- Dental Insurance - 100% for employee only, can add family members - employee pays through payroll deduction.
- Aflac Insurance is offered. Employee pays the premium through payroll deduction.
- Globe Life Insurance is offered. Employee pays the premium through payroll deduction.
- Pension Plan is offered to employee after one (1) year of employment. Employee can contribute 6% or more per pay period, and City contributes 6% - per pay period.
- 13 paid holidays - New Years Day; Martin Luther King Day; Presidents Day; Memorial Day; Juneteenth Day; July Fourth; Labor Day; Columbus Day; Veteran’s Day; Thanksgiving Day and Friday after; Christmas Eve ½ day & Christmas Day; New Years Eve ½ day.
- One (1) personal holiday per year.
- Vacation: 5 days of vacation after one year of employment, 10 days of vacation after two years of employment, 15 days of vacation after fifteen years of employment.
- City cell phone assigned to employee or $35 cell phone reimbursement per month if you use your own cell phone.
- Sick leave: An employee earns 3.69 hours of sick leave per pay period. Maximum accrual is 360 hours. Unused sick leave is not paid out upon separation of employment.
- Compensation time is an option instead of overtime, and only accumulates up to 80 hours per quarter, then you have to use it or get paid for it.
- 26 pay periods a year.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in all departments
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Valid state driver's license or ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- CDL license or ability to obtain one within six (6) months of employment.
- Work is performed almost entirely in an outdoor setting. Outdoor work is required for completing line work and service work.
- Employees must frequently lift and or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift even greater weight.
- Minimal portions of work are administrative in nature and are conducted in an office environment.
Job description and application forms may be obtained online, or at City Hall, 619 15th Ave, Franklin, NE or by contacting City Hall at email@example.com. For questions or concerns, please call us at (308) 425-6295 M-F 8am - 4:30pm.
The City of Franklin, Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.